For the majority of 2023 I had been feeling like it was a dud of a year. I missed on all of my “goals” for that year. That is to say I didn’t get any of them 100% done, so I felt like I failed. Much of the year just felt like I was waiting for something, but I didn’t know what. I felt like I was in limbo. For most of the year my finances were not good. That put a dark cloud over everything. So many times I thought “I want to do X but I can’t afford it”. For these and other reasons I often thought of 2023 as a dud.
Yet now as I look back it was, such an amazing year.
Yes at times I was depressed because of the above but much of the time I was too busy doing the things that breath life into my soul to notice. I did so much climbing, especially outside. I made new friends and joined some new groups of friends. I did about 250 hours on the dance floor, dancing at least once every week for hours. I have grown so much especially in these last few months. I have learned so many things about myself, and life in general. Sitting here now I feel so much more whole and complete than I did a year ago. I feel a lot more confident in knowing who I am.
So where is 2024 taking me? A lot of what has been going on in the past couple months had been some difficult evaluations of what is really important to me. For quite a while now that has been whatever is fun at the moment. I am hoping it is a true statement that I have grown past that. For sure I still want to have fun, but I am realizing that desire needs to be put on the list of many other things and evaluated for it’s over all value to me and those I love. So at times fun will have to take a back seat to more important things, but I will still be spreading my glitter everywhere I go.
Looking back at 2023, Thank You
- First time living downtown in the city
- First time making my own bread
- First time making a mug muffin
- First time leading outside
- First time building and cleaning anchors outside
- First backpacking trip
- Fist time running outside (in a very long time)
- First time running 15k
- Fist time dancing till 3am at an after party
- First time I volunteer for the Pride Festival
- First time I had a half dozen clubs all within walking distance
- First time I really enjoyed drinking beer
- First time I ate a lemon
- And a number of personal firsts that will stay private